5: Jesus

05 April 2014

I can’t remember a time that I wasn’t turning from sin and trusting in Christ. I used to think this was a “boring” testimony, not so dramatic like others I’d heard. And yet, I have now come to see the astounding grace in this-- that from a very early age, God was drawing me to Himself.

My first distinct memory of turning to Jesus was when I was five years old… I had heard about Jesus from my parents and Sunday school teachers, but it was on that Saturday morning while watching “Joy Junction” (a children’s TV show) that I first realized my need for a Savior. And right there in the living room, I gave my life to Him. Certainly I didn’t understand everything then (and still don’t now!), but I did know that I was a sinner, separated from God and deserving of death and hell, and that Jesus was my Savior. He came to earth to live a perfect, sinless life and to die in my place, so that all who put their faith in Him will be called children of God.



Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. 
In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.  - Ephesians 1:3-10 
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God...  - 1 John 3:1
I praise God for His grace in my life, for opening my eyes to my need for Him, and for welcoming me into His family. His love never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment :

  1. The parents reading this post are in awe of the sweet childlike faith that grew into the amazing Woman of Faith that you have become. You inspire us, Amanda Jane.
    Love, Mom & Dad Lehman

    ReplyDelete