28: New Friends & Family

28 April 2014

28-- and marriage to Danny-- opened my world to new friends and family, near and far.

Like the Greenes...

And the Boones...

I had the privilege of being inducted into their Ugandan "family" during our visit last summer. I wrote this then, and I don't know how I could put it any better now-- "We have been so encouraged by these dear friends and so challenged by their example of surrender, sacrifice, and ultimate satisfaction in following Christ. They have counted the cost, and their lives scream, 'HE IS WORTHY!' Truly it is an honor to know them."

Marriage also brought new family... I'm telling you, I hit the jack pot with these in-laws!


Seibert family, thank you for introducing me to Graeter's ice cream (WOW!), for roping me into countless games of keep-away, and for welcoming me with open arms. I am so grateful for your family and consider it a privilege to share your last name. :) I love you all!

Martha, when I think about the stereotype of a "typical mother-in-law," I realize how thankful I am for you. Your compassionate heart and sensitive spirit make you so easy to love. Thank you for taking me shopping, for your contagious laughter, and for showing me such genuine care. You are such a gift, and I am glad to serve as your much-needed back-up in putting up with those crazy boys of yours. ;)


Don, I knew I just had to get into the family when I tried your cajun food... mmm. Thank you for your servant's heart-- it has blessed both Danny and me countless times. Thank you for supporting us in our "radical" adventures and for encouraging us to pursue what God is calling us to do.

Brian, you're the life of every party, with an amazing gift of roping people into your wild ideas, like the gorge-hiking, river-rafting, fire-tower-camping road trip you challenged us to take. We'd love to do it again... but you'd probably back out. ;) I have also really admired the growth I've seen in you this past year, and I'm honored to call you a brother. And ladies, he's single and ready to mingle. :)


Being back in Birmingham also brought new friends, like the Shaws...


Joel & Kristen, from the first time we met you guys, it felt like we'd been friends for years-- an effortless, natural friendship that is certainly a rare treasure. Thank you for the encouraging conversations, for the joy you bring to our lives, and for loving us so well. We love you guys!

We have also been tremendously blessed by our small group-- the Bristers, the Darbys, and the Andersons-- all of whom continually point us to Jesus...

...And by Ronny, our dear Indian brother, with the most amazing story of God's faithfulness and the most sincere love for Christ. When he talks about Jesus, he makes me wonder if I know the same guy. What a blessing to get to know Ronny and to be a part of his life.

...And by Marissa and my Samford girls-- Mary, Lauren, Lindy, and my cousin, Emma-- who keep me young :) and make me want to set a godly example for them to follow.

Certainly the list could go on... we are surrounded here by some pretty amazing people.
My heart is full of thanks. 

No comments :

Post a Comment