3: Adrienne & Austin

03 April 2014

Lucky is the three year old who has such fabulous older siblings to look up to. :)

Adrienne, thank you for dressing me up and fixing my hair fancy...
for keeping our family in line... :)
and for always setting an example I wanted to follow. 

Thankfully this has moved beyond the sponge-rolled hair and poofy dresses… but you continue to model for me what a beautiful woman of God looks like. You are a woman worthy of imitation. 
Thank you for caring about my life and for the countless phone calls with one (or both) of us in tears. You have listened and prayed and supported me through so many seasons, including those six sweet months in India together. 
I consider you one of my best friends, and I am so, so thankful for you. I love you. 

P.S. I’m sorry for sneaking into the back seat of the car on your prom date. (Mom may or may not have had something to do with that...) ;)

Austin, I can’t imagine how boring our family would have been without you! :) 
You have always been the life of the party, with an unassuming confidence that people are simply drawn to. Thanks for making us laugh with your jokes and songs and awesome dance moves (and for embarrassing “high-school Adrienne” from time to time-- she needed it). ;) 

Thanks for being my big brother when the “dogs were sniffing.” 
And thanks for encouraging me to read and memorize God’s Word-- I still remember how you would check on me in the mornings before school to make sure that I was awake to read my Bible. Your bold faith in Christ and fearless love for others is something I deeply admire. 
I am so proud of the man, husband, and father that you have become. I love you.

No comments :

Post a Comment