21: Moody Friends

21 April 2014

I like to say that college is 10% academic, 90% social (which is probably why God gave me a roommate like Val to keep me in line). ;) But with a big city at your fingertips and an ever-ready group of friends to explore it with, how could anyone possibly study???

Whether frisbee games at Oak Street beach,
roof-top climbs,
or Bulls games,
  skyline views,
"Josiah ball,"
road trips,
or the BEST SPRING BREAK EVER...
...Moody days were full of adventure.

And somehow we managed to pass our classes too, with diplomas to prove it.


Then there was LT...
who was such a great friend, I simply had to introduce him to my sister. :)
And with very minimal match-making required...
...Voila! :)

LT, I love that so many of my favorite college memories involve you... the prank-wars, the round-table dinners, the sneaking onto Culby roof... I never imagined that we'd one day add "family weddings" and "brother/sister-in-law" to that list! :) 

From the time I've known you, I have always admired your strong character-- a natural leader, an intentional servant, and man after God's own heart. You are a worthy match for my baby sister. 

Thank you for loving Audra so well, and for the life and joy you bring to the Lehman family. You are the kind of person everyone wants to be around, and you make any group better by being a part of it. I am so thankful for your years of friendship and honored to call you a brother!


Many more "life friends" were added at Moody as well, like these ladies...
oh, you girls bring me so much JOY!
There was the Birthday Club,
and chic-nics on the beach,
the bonfires,
banquets,
and then the goodbyes.
But friendships this sweet don't end at graduation.
We have continued to love and support each other through many seasons of life,
with international reunions,
and sharing in each others' weddings.
This little post does a terrible injustice to express my gratitude for each one of you girls. I praise God for bringing you into my life-- for your precious friendship, for the joy you have added to my life, and for making me want to be more like Jesus.

I love you girls!

1 comment :

  1. Amanda, you have a heart of gold! I am so thankful for your friendship throughout the years! xoxox

    ReplyDelete