29: A Happy Birthday Indeed

29 April 2014

This brings us to the end of a journey, and contrary to any anonymous speculations (ah-hem, my mother and her friends), the only "announcement" I'll be making today is that it's my golden birthday. Sorry for the let-down. ;)

What a happy birthday indeed! 
Danny and I spent this past weekend celebrating a quick layover lunch with Jon & Val...
...and then on to Ohio with the entire Lehman family, swimming and playing and enjoying sweet time together. 
I felt so loved by the special "29" birthday bash they threw for me, complete with Hawaiian leis, "29-themed" gifts, and the traditional doll cake from Grandma Marge.
Danny and Audra even surprised me with a plane ticket-- Audi's coming to visit me in Birmingham next month!!!


Overwhelmed with gladness for all the people, the experiences, and the abundant life of these past 28 years. Anticipating great things and new relationships still to come.

Thank you for joining me on these "29 Days of Gratitude." While I won't miss the daily blogging or the excessive hours spent on the internet, I am grateful for these past 29 days and for the joy they produced in my heart. Funny how practicing gratitude can actually make you more grateful. What began as a "discipline" of thankfulness resulted in bubbling joy. It's a win-win. :)

I'll be stepping away from the blog for a while now ("Appreciation April" is over; time for "Media-Fast May"-- I tend to operate in extremes!). ;) But before I go, let me encourage you to join me in expressing your own gratitude. Certainly we have no reason to stop now.
I will bless the Lord at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt his name together!
Psalm 34:1-2
May no thankless day pass us by again.

1 comment :

  1. You still have time to have a baby before you're 30. ;)
    Love you forever and always,
    Mama Lehman
    PS So bummed my whole morning routine has to change, starting today...

    ReplyDelete