22: Spain

22 April 2014

Year 22 took me to Spain...
where I lived with my sweet Spanish familia, Gloria and Pepe.
Gracias, Gloria y Pepe, por dejar me ser parte de su familia. 
Gracias por su amor y por cuidandome tan bien! Les quiero mucho!

For three months, I had the privilege of student-teaching at ECA under Ms. Cami McGraw.
All the students loved Ms. McGraw. She was thorough and demanded excellence, but her creativity in the classroom made learning so much fun! Rather than just reading about Native Americans, for example, she had "Native American Day," complete with costumes, competitions, art projects, and food.
Perhaps this teaching style influenced me just a little when I went on to teach in India... :)
Cami, thank you for modeling how to be an excellent teacher, for your patience with me, and for your gentle correction as I learned and made mistakes. Your servant's heart blessed me countless times, and I am grateful to have served alongside you.

I was also blessed by these fellow teachers and new friends,
Yvette Kitchens, Avery Johnson, and Becky Pi,
who were always up for a travel adventure,
and simply made life more fun. :)
I thank God for providing friends in every season of life.
Much love to you, girls!

2 comments :

  1. Que guapa estas! Me alegra que te acuerdas de nosotros. Nosotros siempre nos acordamos de ti. ? En que ciudad vives? Para poder escribirte alguna vez, y saber de ti. ? Y tus padres que tal? Les das un saludo de nuestra parte. Un abrazo fuerte de Gloria y Pepe. ( and Cami )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your great attitude and creative ideas! Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete