1: Mom

01 April 2014

I suppose I should start with the woman who gave me birth. :)
Mom, thank you for bringing me into the world and for demonstrating your love in a million unseen moments of 2 a.m. feedings, burpings, and dirty-diaper-changings.
Your sacrificial care for me continued on-- in brown paper lunch bags and field trip outings... 
in mother-daughter getaways, shopping trips, and pedicures... 
...in candy cane coffee cakes, high school parties, and the ever-supportive (albeit a bit loud) :) cheering section at any given sporting event...
in moving day at Moody...
and plane tickets to Argentina...
Spain...
India... 
and Birmingham... 
...in phone calls and wedding plans and an ever-ready shoulder to cry on. 
Selfless love, taking on many different forms, but always present. 
If I ever have the privilege of being a mother, I hope to be just like you. I love you, Mom.

1 comment :

  1. This is so sweet. And I completely agree - our mom is the BEST. :)

    Aud

    ReplyDelete