Tuesday with Jane - 8 weeks

31 March 2015

A fairly ordinary week for our Janie Bear-- no out-of-town visitors, travels, or photo shoots... which, come to think of it, makes this a rather unordinary week! :)

Jane did get a lot of daddy-daughter time this weekend though. Jane, your dad is such a good man. You are so, so, sooooo blessed to have a father who loves you and enjoys spending time with you.


I should know-- I have one too.


Moms are important, for sure. And there are certain things that moms simply do best-- like give birth and kiss boo-boos and make chicken noodle soup when you're sick. But I don't think it can be emphasized enough the value of a good father and the destruction of a bad one.


In these past 8 weeks, I have come to love Danny in a new way-- not just as my husband and best friend, but as the loving father of our child and the hard-working provider for our family. I'm so thankful to be a team in this whole parenting thing, and thankful for all the ways he loves & serves both me and Jane...

...like sitting in front of the gurgling dishwasher to calm a fussy baby. Oh, the things you will do! :)


This past weekend alone, he took Jane all morning so I could go back to bed, watched Jane all afternoon so I could go to a friend's shower, and while I was feeding Jane at various times (another thing moms simply do best) ;) I could overhear him preparing food for a party, putting away dishes, and mopping the wood floors-- a task I'd been putting off for, well... 8 weeks. (Don't judge.) Seriously, how did I get so lucky???


Jane & I both know it-- we've got it good. We love Daddy!


No comments :

Post a Comment