TWJ 51 - This Time Last Year...

26 January 2016

51 weeks means we're just one week away from somebody's birthday!!! Whoop whoop!


It means that exactly this time last year, we were waiting... and waiting... and w-a-i-t-i-n-g for our "stubborn" and "rebellious" child to COME ON OUT ALREADY! My due date came and went (and went, and went...), and I was convinced I'd be the first woman in the history of the world to be pregnant FOREVER.


This time last year, we were caught between excitement & terror. Anticipation & frustration. Wanting to hurry up and get this show on the road. Wanting to press pause because we knew, on the other side, life would never be the same.

I sobbed and sobbed, big uncontrollable tears. Would I love this person inside of me? Would I enjoy being a mom? Would I make it through labor?! Were we even ready??

This time last year, my phone was blowing up with texts-- from well-meaning friends, I'm sure-- but sometimes I just wanted to chuck it against a wall. Don't you think I'd tell you if there was news?!?!?

11 long days. I was so over this whole pregnancy thing.

And then she came.


The sweetest gift snuggled up in my arms. And instantly, just like I knew it would be, the joy overwhelmed all those fears and I wondered, "What in the world was I so afraid of???"



51 weeks later... we have a babbling, beautiful, and yes, sometimes stubborn & rebellious baby girl. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I suppose. ;) We never could have dreamed the JOY should would bring us, and we cannot imagine life without our Janie Bear.

No comments :

Post a Comment