TWJ 12 - Jane meets Val!

28 April 2015

This weekend, "Aunt Val" came to visit. Jane, you are privileged to have so many wonderful people who love you already.


Val and I first met just over a decade ago (what?!) as college roommates in Chicago-- little babies in a big city, we grew up together those three years in Houghton 607. After graduation, we backpacked Italy and France, she visited me in India, and we celebrated with one another as each of us entered the glorious adventure of marriage. So, it was so meaningful for me to share this new season of life-- this "Jane Adventure"-- with her now too.


Thanks for sharing your weekend with us, Val. Your faithful friendship is such a gift-- in every season of life. You listen and love and bring out the best "Amanda" in me, and I am so very blessed to have you in my life.

(Side note: Val and her husband Jon are both incredible musicians, and Jon just released a new album last week. You should definitely check it out here.)

In other Jane news, she recently learned how to blow bubbles and stick out her tongue like a lizard. She has also moved on from "#1 Baby" but is now practicing a new cheerleading move that we call "The Pike." It's a great ab workout.


She is also a very clever escape artist. Every night we swaddle her tightly, and every morning she manages to bust out of it somehow. There's the one-arm "Statue of Liberty," the two-arm "Flex," the "Don't-Look-At-Me-I'm-Sleeping," and most impressive, the "Foot Loose"...


I guess the girl just likes to be free.

2 comments :

  1. I love keeping up with Jane here. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty clever movements as described by mommy. happy birthday! G'ma Marge

    ReplyDelete